Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Now that the Valium has worn off

My final thoughts on IVF:


Embryo transfer- much worse than I had expected
most painful experience of my life
IM injections- not as bad as I had feared
Egg retrieval- easier than I had thought
SQ injections- just as I expected
Side effects:
of BCPs- nausea just as I had expected
Lupron- none
Gonal F- severe headaches towards the end and generalized crazy feeling


I'm glad that I picked Dallas IVF where they do 5 day transfers(instead of day 3). I'm confident that we've done all that we can to increase our chances of getting pregnant. While I don't know what the outcome will be, I will not regret the money spent and trips made to Frisco.

I hope that we never have to return to Dallas IVF. I hope that my infertility will be cured and my family will be complete.

But if this doesn't work, we have 2 frozen embryos stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment